How to Upgrade Blackberry Bold 9000 Firmware?
Posted on October 11, 2008
Filed Under Blackberry
Package Version: 22.214.171.1242
Consisting of:* Applications: 126.96.36.199* Software Platform: 188.8.131.52* File name: 9000jEastAsia_PBr4.6.0_rel292_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11 62_CSL.exe* File size: 94.73MB
Both OS versions linked below are identical except for the language files included.Both versions include English If you desire East Asian languages included in the OS, download the OS here:
Select “…9000 smartphone” from the pull-down list:https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD…ient=cB5RB4aRB
Download here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads…C068A355BBA31A1.
Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.6 installed. Older versions will load the OS but may not be full compatible with all the memory of the Bold.
You can get DM 4.6 here:Vodafone Germany2. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It’s located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it’s done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says “waiting for initialization.”
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.Previous OS version for the 9000: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene…ilanguage.html
exactly and you should be able to have OS 4.x working.Follow these instructions
1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can’t stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.
2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.
5. I other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an At&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-At&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.5.) Delete the ‘Vendor.xml’ file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer’s hard drive for the “vendor.xml” file. Once you find it, delete it.
6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.
7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. (‘Vendor.xml‘ must be deleted for this step to work).
When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.
9) If you didn’t backup first you should select to do so now.
10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.