Convert Proton NGV, Perodua NGV, Naza NGV – Malaysia National Car

Posted on June 17, 2008
Filed Under Life, NGV

Updates: Please visit NGVinstaller.com for more information.

Despite of people complains on how Naza could achive a status of national car, at least Naza come out with it’s Naza Ria NGV version. My earlier posting showed that few of my friends converted their car to NGV, including this guy who owned Naza Ria.

What’s so impressive? Spend RM8 and you can go as far as 150 km. Great isn’t it?

Let me summarize which model has been tested with NGV successfully. However, it’s only based on my observation, whether I’ve seen it or not. If you wanted to know the real succession, you have to visit the NGV installer. Bare in mind that the installation cost is high. But no need to rush for petrol if it ever increase again to probably RM4 per litre.

Many people started to switch to NGV but have to sacrifice the boot. Or else wait for Proton NGV direct from factory but maybe not Proton Saga BLM.

Don’t risk your life just want to save costs (Ouch, but no rebate)!

There’s a lot of people sharing their experience here, here and here.

Reference to the below:

Yes – At least I’ve heard that the owner sucessfully converted it to NGV

No – Never heard about the NGV conversion of this car.

Proton-ngv-logo

5. Naza Ria (rebadged Kia Carnival) – Yes
6. Naza Citra (rebadged Kia Carens) – Yes
7. Naza Sorento (rebadged Kia Sorento) – No
8. Naza Sutera (rebadged Hafei Lobo) – No
9. Naza 206 Bestari (rebadged Peugeot 206) – No
10. Naza Suria (rebadged Kia Picanto) – No

Will continue the list of Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, Ford, Chevrolet and the rest.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

35 Responses to “Convert Proton NGV, Perodua NGV, Naza NGV – Malaysia National Car”

1. Forever28 on June 17th, 2008 8:41 pm

NGV owners also not eligible for fuel subsidy…

2. NGV Malaysia: Petronas NGV Gas Station (Klang Valley - Selangor, Kuala Lumpur) : Hisamudin.com - Re-engineering Life on June 18th, 2008 11:17 pm

[...] enough money. Mostly, it’s just enough for a living. Unless you know how to be a saver by convert to NGV immediately or you can choose spend RM400 for fuel and [...]

3. joel ooi on June 19th, 2008 6:13 pm

i just brought i used proton satria 1.6 (M) 1995,
    is that any posible to convert my used car to NGV?

4. N on June 23rd, 2008 5:26 pm

BERAPA STANDARD COST UNTUK CONVERT PROTON WAJA KE NGV?

5. azli on June 26th, 2008 10:40 am

1. BERAPA KOS UTK PASANG NGV KITS WIRA 1.5 (M)
    CARBURATER?
    2. ADAKAH TERMASUK SEMUA KITS SEPERTI TIMING
    ADVANCE CONTROLLER (TAP), OIL AND OTHER?

THANKS

6. azizi on June 30th, 2008 11:48 am

i want to install NGV.my car is Honda Accord 2.0 SM4.Can you let me know the price?

7. mary on July 8th, 2008 4:20 pm

I want to install ngv.my car is myvi1000cc,can u let me know the price?

8. khairil on July 10th, 2008 9:07 pm

BERAPA STANDARD COST UNTUK CONVERT PROTON PERSONA KE NGV?

9. effa on July 12th, 2008 5:53 pm

kalau kereta wira convert ke ngv tak bahaya ke?
    berapa kos untuk pemasangan ngv bagi kereta wira dan naza sutera?beri kebaikan dan keburukan kereta covert ngv

10. mohd syukor on July 14th, 2008 11:33 am

berapa kos untuk convert perdana SE ke NGV dan berapa tahap jaminan keselamatan untuk pengguna ngv. adakah kemungkinan untuk meletup

11. AFIQUE on July 14th, 2008 4:37 pm

haii mary…

the price for you myvi around rm4000 depends on your transmision manual or auto.

12. Damian on August 2nd, 2008 7:33 am

So far people have been looking into the saving of NGV,i am thinking of fxing a NGV tank for my new persona, this car ‘drink” quite a lot mind you… i have been hearing the some negative comments of fxing a NGV, some of these are ;

1)Need to change into petrol when you about to reach you stop for a long period.

2)Some taxi drivers says that the engine is “hotter” & worn out the piston & rings.

3) and the common,one is the non availbility of “gas’ station,which i believe id sue to the low profits to operator.

I hope that an “honest” opinion is given and not “commericial” reason/explantion” is given to us the public .

Thanks

13. abe wahid on August 4th, 2008 10:34 am

Askm;

We talk so much about goodness of ngv to the enviroment and user’s pocket but a big but is always in my mind that is the cost of fixing the ngv system.

Mind you, what i read in the blog is not is what i get from ngv installer; their price is from rm4k to rm10k depending on vehicle cc.

May i know what is the cost of fixing ngv to a suv of 2500cc with injection engine and is there any side effect to the performance?

Tq for any info or comment.

14. RAJAN on August 8th, 2008 8:02 pm

Dear sir/ madam

I want to install ngv.my car is ISWARA 1.3,can u let me know the price ,wat brand n how abt the capacity. thnx

15. RAJAN on August 8th, 2008 8:05 pm

Dear sir / madam

I want to install ngv.my car is iswara 1.3 ,can u let me know the price, wat is the brand n how is the capacity.thnx

16. kamalqr on August 19th, 2008 3:37 pm

Boleh dapatkan alamat-alamat syarikat pemasangan NGV di seluruh KL dan Selangor….
    saya mahu memasang tangki NGV di bahagian bawah Naza Ria (teksi saya)…

17. norah danist on August 22nd, 2008 9:02 am

I installed my PERSONA with NGV cost me around RM 6500 for fuel injection system..but can also installed with less sophisticated system cost around RM 4+++..still no harm to the car performance..

18. norah danist on August 22nd, 2008 9:05 am

semalam ternampak kereta kancil dan kenari refill NGV di stesen..

19. arif on August 29th, 2008 4:46 am

can you give me the list of cars avaiable for ngv make over plus with the price list.im a middle man for the malaysian cab club.asap.thanks

20. pang yong cai on September 3rd, 2008 5:22 pm

What is the total cost to intall NGV tank on Proton Perdana V6 ?

21. Liew Seng Youi on September 10th, 2008 1:25 pm

I have a Naza Ria NGV 6 month ago and found that the gas tank of 65 litres is rather too small for this big car. with full tank of gas i can go only 100 km.Keep filling the gas all time instead of driving. Do you have any go proposal to have a bigger tank and at the chwapest cost? your advise is appreciated.

22. kanan on September 16th, 2008 1:15 pm

Saya mahu pasang NGV Gas pada kenderaan saya KIA Spectra berapa harga ? 1 litre berapa kilometer kita dapat ?

23. mumy on September 27th, 2008 7:55 am

mengapa susah nak dapat naza ria skg. ada x naza ria warna biru tua metalik

24. jaafar on November 5th, 2008 2:08 pm

saya ingin bertanyakan tentang kos pemasangan NGV keatas kereta Waja Automatik. Dan Bagaimanakan kos maintenance yang untuk penyelenggaraan NGV.

25. shok on May 8th, 2009 10:08 am

I am driving a naza citra 2006 model as is known to be a petrol guzzler and is used mainly as a weekend car and also for occasional visitation and balik kampung. I am contemplating as to whether to have my car fixed with ngv. I hope to get feedbacks from forummers here and answer few doubts/questions I have regarding with the installation.

1. Is it possible to have a tank that can perfectly fit the boot compartment without having to remove the 3rd rear seat? In terms of safety which tank serves better a steel or a fibre one?

2. What are the sizes/specifications of the tank?

3. My car is fitted with a roof box which cover the entire roof area. With this extra weight can I install a fibre tank so as not to add extra burden to my car?

4. I heard from some sources that it is possible to fix a ngv to a citra without having to remove the 3rd rear seat and if it is so how about the spare tyre then? I also heard that some owners of citra had to install ngv with the petrol tank completely removed.

5. Can anyone recommend me a reliable installer specialising in naza citra around Johor Bahru area?

26. melvin on June 2nd, 2009 11:07 pm

if i want intall to nissan van….can i jknow the price and one time service is how much…hong long time needer service??thanks

27. hisyam on June 3rd, 2009 10:28 am

nampak berat sebelah…model produa 1 model pun x da pasang ngv..saya bnyak dah jumpa model produa pakai ngv..

28. majid on June 9th, 2009 3:03 pm

Bolehkah honda accord 2.0 twin cab di pasang dengan sistem NGV dan di mana boleh saya pasang.
    Terima Kasih Majid (019-3775578)

29. majid on June 9th, 2009 3:57 pm

Bolehkah Honda Accord twin Cab di pasang dengan sistem NGV dan di mana boleh saya pasang
    Terima Kasih (Majid 019-3775578)

30. norlia on August 11th, 2009 9:34 pm

van penumpang model apa yang boleh dipasang sistem NGV, sila senaraikan jenis dan model dan berbaloikah jika digunakan berbanding diesel.

31. ayu on August 13th, 2009 11:00 am

saya nak tau kos pemasangan ngv untuk kenari..
    thanks

32. kebut[dot]com on December 5th, 2009 3:04 pm

kia cadenza…

The all-new Kia Cadenza luxury sporty sedan revealed in Korea today (where it is called the K7). New Cadenza will …

33. Mohd on December 21st, 2009 8:36 am

Selamat Sejahtera..

1)Saya dengar kereta waja campro tidak sesuai dipasang dengan ngv kerana enjinnya tidak sesuai… adakah ianya betul?

2)berapakah kos pemasangan ngv bagi waja campro.?

34. adam on May 8th, 2010 4:34 pm

wan to install ngv sysyem to my satria 1.3 auto.wat is d cost,,how long to complete,,where to install ? tkx.

35. hadi on September 6th, 2010 10:12 am

saya dah guna ngv ni dari tahun 2008 pada van rusa saya.sebelum ni macam2 perkara negatif yang didengar.tapi sejak menggunakannya ok aje.malah saya dapat menjimatkan lebih banyak wang berbanding jika saya menggunakan petrol.power memanglah ada masalah tapi setelah saya menggunakan vortex yang dipasang didalam air intake,dengan selambanya saya buleh naik genting dengan barangan 300kg.malah boleh lagi nak lari kalau stakat 140km.

saya juga bercadang untuk memasang ngv pada kancil dan proton persona elegance baru saya.saya mahukan lebih penjimatan.masa nak memasang tu memang berat sikitla nak keluarkan duit tapi jika kita fikir long term…keuntungannya berganda.masa saya pasang di rusa saya…dalam 3 bulan saya saya sudah dapat collect semula modal pelaburan saya ketika memasang set ngv itu.

mixer kaburator dan mixer untuk injection memang ada perbezaan dari segi harga.untuk kaburator antara rm2k++ – rm3k++.untuk injection ada yang rm7k++-rm9k++.tapi jika kita mahukan prestasi seperti menggunakan petrol,maknanya kita kenala berbelanja antara rm7k-rm10k.yang murah pon ada…antara rm4k++ – rm6k++.tapi kalau saya pilihan antara rm7k++ – rm10k.alah membeli,menang memakai.sekali je beli.kalau nak jual balik keter tu buleh buka dan pasang semula di kereta baru.so bukan persoalan besar sebenarnya.