Maxis Broadband vs Celcom Broadband (Wireless, Wired, 3G, HSDPA, EDGE, GPRS)

Posted on September 4, 2007
Filed Under Telco

Mobility is a must. My main concern is to be online anytime anywhere. Starbucks now is not an option. I do have Streamyx at home. Alternative to Streamyx? Haven’t found any.But sometimes when I’m out from the office and home, there’s an urgency to check email. That’s why I’m looking for some juicy offer from these telco.Maxis BroadbandWhy Maxis? Maxis Wireless Broadband is miles beyond your average high-speed internet connection. When you sign up for our services, you can count on a host of benefits that put your needs ahead of everything else. You can surf 15 times faster than traditional dial-up modem.Visit Maxis BroadbandWhy Celcom? Get connected anywhere in 3 simple steps with Celcom Broadband. Whether you’re working from home or just surfing outdoors, you can be sure of true mobility and lightning speed internet access!Visit Celcom BroadbandUse simple maths. Which one is cheaper? Absolutely Celcom. But I heard too much about their bad service.And Maxis, why they don’t just lower their 3G montly unlimited service? RM120 is still expensive. I’m sure if Maxis can lower it down to RM68, everybody will subscribe to it. Some even says Maxis Broadband sucks with a lot of complaints!Digi broadband? Havent’ heard about it yet. However, U-mobile broadband looks tempting.This page may not serve much information regarding this battle. You may find a lot more interesting Maxis, Celcom, Digi, U-mobile discussion on tech forum such as LowYat.net and MyPDACafe.com or other relevant websites.Don’t worry, you can always discuss and share about their coverage, promotion, plans, problems such as wireless issue or even DNS issue here. We’re looking forward to hear such complaints such as “What? Celcom broadband wireless very slow”, or “Subscribing to Maxis broadband wireless is not worth it. Their coverage is so poor”, or “When will Digi rollout their 3G and the newest Digi broadband service?”. We must ensure that we must push telco provider.We as consumer have our rights to choose the best broadband provider!

Comments

100 Responses to “Maxis Broadband vs Celcom Broadband (Wireless, Wired, 3G, HSDPA, EDGE, GPRS)”

1. Kitkat on September 5th, 2007 12:46 pm

Telco M refers to Maxis? Their unlimited plan is RM68 a month, right?

2. Hisamudin on September 5th, 2007 2:19 pm

Yes, Telcom M is Maxis. If talking about Maxis wireless broadband with 3G, monthly fee is RM120. Refer to this; http://www.maxis.com.my/3G/about3G_privileges.asp

For Maxis wired broadband Home 256k package is RM50, Home 512k package is RM80 and Home 1.0M is RM100.

Refer to this; http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/broadband/packages.asp

3. wni_izzati on September 16th, 2007 7:43 pm

mine is celcom 3g.. i`m using it on laptop with data card.. rm68 a month..so, slow connectio. haiyo

4. Tired of Streamyx? Why not Maxis Broadband? Maxis Broadband Advertisement on Sunday Newspaper : Hisamudin.com - Re-engineering Life on September 16th, 2007 11:10 pm

[...] you read Sunday newspaper dated 16/9/07? Maxis has start ragingly advertised their Maxis Broadband service. They took one whole page with [...]

5. Mak Ong on September 19th, 2007 1:44 am

I saw it too and I thought finally talking about our Kids progress is FANTASTIC. I was lucky to be a trialist for their new mobile broadband offer. I’m a very mobile executive and I was given a tiny USB modem with their unlimited speed/data package. REALLY GOOD!!! Two months on the trial, no speed problem. Best of all they indicated that the package if really good. I don’t need to buy the modem like the one in CELCOM. Just pay them a mthly access fee and you get a modem and unlimited internet service. Heard it’s coming out next week.

6. sam on September 19th, 2007 9:30 pm

i’m staying at bandar baru bangi. Can anybody comment about my intention to use maxis bb. how to check..

7. hanes on September 22nd, 2007 2:13 pm

I’ve registered with celcom broadband D120 plan few days ago.They said its speed up to 3.6mbps but i dont think so. Is quite suck and slow. Or maybe caused by my phone (N70) used as a modem. What ur oppinion?

8. Yus on September 22nd, 2007 9:17 pm

I’m staying at Bdr baru bangi. currently using Maxis broadband. Freaking damn slow. download speed of about 20-40kb/s. even at 1 a.m – 6 a.m the peak is still 40kb/s. suck…If u just surfing,then its fine. heavy downloader, freaking stay away from this, thinking to switch to celcom, freaking hell..have to buy that modem for RM1100. Streamyx…hell…u got disconnect-every-15-minute-policy that is. Lucky ppl can get quite alright. Shh i’m running out of idea on which isp to use. My fren say, just come to Finland, u got 100Mb/s internet connection at ALL TIMES.

9. Karl on September 26th, 2007 8:36 pm

Im currently using maxis bb rm68 plan.Sign up a few weeks ago, paid rm100 and rm88 activation fee waived.Got this quite huge wireless ZTE modem and phone set.Tried at home in ampang and the speed i got fairly ok since i got somewhere 280mb-320mb everytime i did my speed test.At first i was worried that i could’t get the signal coz im staying in 18 floor apartment.Since i want to go mobile, i just signup anyway to give it a try. So far satisfied la.Even try the modem in jb, still ok to surf, but of course cannot P2P.(But i’m still new using this maxis wireless bb, i dont know what will happened in the future..but so far so good..)

The important thing is, if u living in their 3G coverage area, im sure u can surf at at ease.If not, do consider other ISP. ..

Now they come up with 640mb package for rm78 and new usb modem.I think i want to try the usb modem…

Anyone have experience using CELCOM broadband?..Do share with us..as far as i know they didn’t give u any modem. U use yr phone as a modem or u use the datacard..

10. sekodeng on October 1st, 2007 1:18 pm

I think u must read the terms & condition before signup with maxis. they limit the usage to 3gb per month only. no usage limit for celcom

11. hanes on October 4th, 2007 4:32 pm

I currently using a novatel Merlin XU870
    EXPRESS type. Speed 3.6 to 7.2Mbps and support
    Supports HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, and GPRS. I discovered that celcom connection in my area (klang)is cannot acceptable even im using the latest modem. After connected, it shows, my speed is 3.6 mbps- my real speed is only 384 kbps after i tested with mobilink (software that can show your accurate speed)Im not sure with other area.. is celcom implemented HSDPA connection yet or not..

12. Billy on October 4th, 2007 11:46 pm

Currently i am a maxis wireless broadband user, i subscribed for package(640kbps) but when i do the speed test mostly i get only 100++kbps or below, it is damn slow. So i am wondering that am i subscribe a maxis dial up or broadband??????

13. Zul on October 31st, 2007 3:20 pm

Hi, I wanted to try wireless broadband surfing so called celcom n maxis. Between the two, heard that maxis is the better deal since u dnt hv to purchase the modem like celcom. Furthermore, called maxis n verified that they have removed the 3GB limit per month. Use to have the limit but i think in this day n age, 3GB is really nothing.

So far, line isn’t what is advertised, but acceptable. Mind you, its nothing like a wired leased line where u can get almost 1MB download. Think celcom and maxis the same, bandwidth is shard.

14. blatz on December 26th, 2007 3:07 am

i just wan to ask… celcom modem now RM899 but no contract.. speed up to 3.6mbps… maxis modem rm100 only… montly rm135… contract 18mnths… so witch one is the best? i means 4 speed n coverage… i live in bukit mertajam penang and flora damansara… izzit good coverage?… witch one u prefer?

15. modem seller on January 3rd, 2008 8:22 pm

to blatz..celcom modem is indeed expensive. check http://www.izzi.com.my or http://www.maxis.com.my/broadband or http://www.celcom.com.my to know the coverage in ur area. which one is good? it depends actually. with maxis, u cant just terminate the service on ur own unless the coverage in ur area is too small. there is 18-month agreement u need to obey. but if u r happy with them, why not? i think they still offer for free 1 month trial. for celcom, no trial offered. but u can terminate the service anytime u want (except for the first month subscription). u can check 3G coverage on ur own mobile phone. log on http://www.myceloteh.com to dload the software. hope u could find the best for urself.

16. modem seller on January 3rd, 2008 8:57 pm

i would like to share my experiences on using local bb. i have been using celcom bb for half a year in uia gombak. the data rate was perfect. managed to get the max 384kbps since celcom does not significantly separate 3G n HSDPA bandwidth. my friend here used celcom HSDPA package n managed to get 1Mbps out of 3.6Mbps on best effort. i have tried maxis broadband here. the speed was good BUT not stable at all. macam chipsmore, kejap ada kejap tak ada. besides, i dont like one of its t&c:

5.3 Excessive Usage
    5.3.1 Each customer’s total usage per month shall NOT exceed 3GB of data volume transmitted (total upload and download usage). This is to ensure that no individual hogs the bandwidth at all times.
    5.3.2 If a customer wishes to use more than the volume permitted, a written request should be made to Maxis.
    5.3.3 Maxis reserves the right to reject the said application or charge for any additional data volume transmitted from what is already allocated.

i think maxis offer “broadband ansuran”. why do u think they make it an 18-month contract? so that they could get profit on their “free white huawei USB modems” without us realizing it.

my opinion says that celcom offer “broadband cash & carry”. their modems are obviously expensive. u can find cheaper ones online. but celcom dont require contract. u pay, u can surf. u stop paying, they’ll stop ur surfing. just like that.

17. ziliey on March 3rd, 2008 2:39 pm

Helo everybody…let say u use celcom broadband lar,kalu tk dpt hsdpa(3G)still leh serve lg,kalu 3g pakage 384kbps…leh dpt something 200kbps dkat area 3g,but kalu luar kawsn still leh guna gprs(kaw bukan lputan 3g)tp dlm 40kbps or…50kpbs jer…tp sume gntung pada modem lar…hp 3gpun leh…kalu ada rm try guna 3g modem lam 700 rm below…k camat cuba..

18. riza on March 23rd, 2008 8:27 pm

which one is better..maxis or celcm bb?if maxis more better than clcm,i want 2 change..

19. Isaac on April 2nd, 2008 8:08 am

I’m currently using celcom blackberry, my blackberry device is 8707g, however i’ve noticed that i am on 3g coverage the signal is either 25% & below. Not sure if celcom has really catered for entire nation that there’s 3g. I’ve compared with maxis and im noticing that their signal strenght & consistency on maintaining at 3g network unlike celcom which most of the time will stay at GPRS

20. MOHD on April 15th, 2008 7:44 pm

I tried using maxis broadband, the speed is very slow, they promote 3.6MB but only valid building near by KLCC. I had tried the maxis USb modem In setapak, very poor service at night, only able to 8KPS-20KPS, in morning 56KPS -150KPS. I only able to get 10 percent of 3.6MB ( according maxis broadband test) and have to pay RM128 monthly for poor service. Later decide cancel. went back to maxis service center.Ask for refund RM 100, I have to wait for one months. recent went to PC hair, another company offre broadband RM 78/- monthly (www.u.com.my) , speed 16KPS-250KPS .
    comes with USB modem .for this point time u mobile give better than others. Anyone looking for wireless broadband give atry U mobile comes with 8 days trial period. Activation olny RM 50.

21. beibeip on April 16th, 2008 12:08 pm

If you just signed-up maxis broadband service and suffer from the slow speed. Your area might not coverage by their broadband service.

Maxis Broadband termination steps…

If you are in between 7 days of your purchase,
    (1) Go directly to Maxis Center for service termination w/o penalty.
    (2) Drop a complains email to MCMC and put e-complains on NCCC.

SKMM Consumer Complaints Bureau
    Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
    63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor
    Attention: Consumer Protection Department

Tel: 03-86888000
    Fax: 03-86881880
    Complaint Hotline: 1-800-888-030
    Email: aduanskmm@cmc.gov.my

I dont know malaysia complain channel will really work or not. But no harm to try and get back our registation fees as well. As we are really being cheated by such a big company.

If you are after 7 days of purchase, write a complain letter and cc to MCMC ask for termination of the service without penalty. I dont know this will work or not, but better than do nothing and continue paying $$$ and suffer for the slow connecting speed.

I just try to post as much as I can, hope the victims can be lesser.

22. shaifu; on April 28th, 2008 12:40 am

i am a celcom broadband user
    apa makna bawah ni
    5gb / month ker usage?? pelik nya
    bukan ker unlimited???

Dear customer, you have consistently exceeded the allocation of 5GB/mth. Please reduce your usage or risk having your speed controlled.

23. dol on May 4th, 2008 12:40 pm

HI which modem is better speed for the maxis broadband package…. the zte modem or the usb modem…????

24. chris on May 6th, 2008 11:55 am

Hi!
    Im in Penang for 3 months and need wireless broadband connection. Does anyone of u know what is the best offer for me? (As I am here for a short term only, is renting an usb modem advisable?
    Do I need a Malay bank account for the broadband service?
    Thanks for the help

25. ustaz on May 16th, 2008 11:51 pm

yah 5 gig per month..
    elcom 3g unlimited?
    nah temberang.. streamyx lebih bagus. rm60 and unlimited. no bandwidth controll.

26. Steve on May 18th, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi recently I just went to Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna Malaysia or TTPM (At level 16 above Megamall besides Legend hotel or can go to their branches via checking this link http://ttpm.kpdnhep.gov.my/portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=30) to made complain and claim back the money about the poor speed which is not as advertised. This suck wireless broadband company is iZZinet Sdn Bhd (www.izzi.com.my).

They advertised their speed can upto 1mbps but I always get around 100 – 250kbps although the signal strength in my area here is 100% (less than 30% of the total speed). Be carefull when they offer full money back satisfaction guarateed (all bullshit) stated in the terms and conditions as below:

1) Cancellation of service within 7 days:
    - Full refund (subject to RM180 administrative charges) of service purchased. (Subscription & activation fee)
    - No coverage at the place of resident or work place.
    - Usage of 180 days.

In this tribunal I try to claim back 90% of the total purchased price but the Judge only allow me to claim back 50% of the total purchased price because of the terms and conditions above unless you don’t connect to the service and use it (The problem occured after 3 months of subcription) although the account is still active then I should be able to be claimed back 90% of the total purchased price as the judge told me

As for your info I still can claim back 50% of the purchased price (Excluding the RM180 admin charge), which is already more than 180 days as stated in terms & conditions (In fact I can’t get back the money after 180 days of subscription and subject to RM180 admin charge if refund as according to their terms and conditions)

Can you see how powerful this tribunal is.

My advice is pls go there and log complain if you found that the refund is not in favor to you.

The procedure is simple and straight away:
    1) just describe your problem how the dissatifaction you face with your merchant whether in hand write or computer typing on a piece of paper will do and make 2 photo copies which will be attached in Borang 1.

2) Make 2 copies of all the relavant info or documents which will be attached and submitted to the tribunal.

3) Go to any TTPM branches. explain your problem to them and they will give you the Borang 1 for you to fill in your and your merchant details. Alternatively, you can print this Borang 1 at your home via their web site in PDF format. For my advice better print this form via their web site, fill in the Borang 1 and make two photo copies. (For your convenience lah).

4) Submit the completed Borang 1 and all necessary info or documents to be attached in this Borang 1.

5) Pay RM5 fees to them and they will issue the receipt as a proof of complain.

6) The TTPM will attach your info or documents submitted to them in Borang 2, which will be sent to your merchant for their record by yourself whether by hand or registered mail via Pos Malaysia (Remember to ask for AR card from Pos Malaysia as a proof of by receiving party)

7) Please read cafefully all the “Arahan Kepada Penuntut” in Borang 1 for you to understand your responsibility. If not understand or clear please ask the staff of TTPM, they are more than willing to assist you.

Lastly, “FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS, FIGHT FOR CONSUMERS RIGHTS”.

Any enquiries, pls email me at kongkeoh@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

27. khal on May 19th, 2008 2:54 pm

guys,

eight (8) bits equal to one (1) bytes.

celcom advertise their plan as 3.6mbps and 384kbps.

those who use 384kbps or kilo-bits-per-seconds usually gets max of 48kbps or 48 kilo-bytes-per-seconds of download speed.

and 3.6mbps => 450k-bytes-ps max

i’m being of celcom bb customer for almost half year. in my experienced, the service is good, till i overlooked the celcom T&C which will trottled down your speed from 3.6mbps to 128kbps, and 384kbps to 64kbps once you have overuse your bandwidth (5GB per month )in each month ( fair usage policy), maxis have the similar thing, which is 3GB permonth, but i dont know whatever they charge extra for the extra bandwidth or trotle down the speed.

28. kuali on May 20th, 2008 9:27 am

im just subscribe the maxis bb. i stay at gombak area.. the coverage really bad. i can only get 30-40kbps. suck

29. mohd hezrein on June 4th, 2008 2:00 am

i’m a user maxis bb. the speed is very damn slow! which is better for now? need advice. tq.

30. kreil on June 8th, 2008 1:23 am

i’m using maxis bb-modem zte,1st sign up rm68(384kbps) package,before sign up maxis sales person said can connect to internet anywhere & no problem at all.paid rm100 for activation fee.use it at my home puncak jalil,service very bad,called customer service,he said line ok & try off/on.still problem,upgrade to rm78(640kbps).still problem,line always disconnected.it sucks!!!.email complain to maxis..good!they return call & sd no coverage at my house,ask me go to nearest centre…change the modem(zte to small usb modem)& upgrade to rm138(3.68mbps) without pay anything.go klcc maxis,they ask me to pay another rm100.advice them,its special case & no need to pay…they sd can’t bcoz term & condition…later i call maxis centre,they said their mistake & should be waive the rm100.how?i will terminate the service,ask them to return back the rm100 & complain to SKMM Consumer Complaints Bureau
    Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission..

31. syed on June 11th, 2008 6:51 pm

hi..im using celcom bb with package 364kbps) RM68/ month. im using it a few days ago and i found a problem on that. I think at my area is good coverage but im not!! its so so slow…then my brother calling me how to make it good and stable. After setting, it’s gudd….huhuu..and the speed getting up now…up to 921.6 kbps…huhuhu..i like it very well..hehhe

32. nazifa naz on June 12th, 2008 1:21 pm

hye..
    just wondering.
    is celcom broadband ok??i wanna use my phone as a modem..like seriously???or is maxis better..say in gombak??
    PJ ok la kot..
    do email me at spacejunk15@yahoo.com for any suggestion
    please n thanx a lot=)

33. bubble on June 14th, 2008 1:38 am

which one is better??…maxis or celcom…

34. chris on June 16th, 2008 6:44 pm

Celcom 3g very-very sucks!!Very slow sampai tensen dibuatnya.Wahai penghuni di bumi malaysia, marilah kita sama-sama mencari altenatif lain connect internet. hidup tanpa internet, macam orang bodoh saja!!!

35. man on June 22nd, 2008 6:33 am

*bubble-its depends on ur coverage area..
    *chris-pakailah streamyx..

36. hi syed on June 23rd, 2008 6:05 pm

hi syed….

could you help me setting up my celcom 3g 68? ..or email me bwasi@yahoo.com.my

tq

37. bwasi on June 23rd, 2008 6:05 pm

hi syed….

could you help me setting up my celcom 3g 68? ..or email me bwasi@yahoo.com

tq

38. Studio29 on June 25th, 2008 12:03 am

Aku guna maxis broadband tapi dapat cipanband dan aku nak band
    maxis dari mencilok duit aku.Kalau aku terminate berapa kena penalty dan mcm mana nak elak?tlg aku wahai kengkawan yang teror…duit yg lebih tu dapat cover duit minyak aku…

39. MattHensem on June 25th, 2008 12:43 am

i’m using 3g too….but fairly. not good at all…playing online games….tried both usb modem and mobile phone….. no luck…. and i’m at 3g area they said in web…….. what happen to isp’s???……. call them they said…. you are not in coverage area f**k?, but when i go to celcom branch..they said line is fine.what the h*ll….anyway after finish my online game… i change to dial up…. i guess….. by the way i’m using d68….thanks anyway to wireless bb in malaysia

40. Jora on June 27th, 2008 12:42 pm

NO. BORANG – 05699
    Beli maxis broadband pada 02.05.2008 dengan bayaran RM 100 ( duit boleh pulang dalam masa 7 hari ). Katanya area tempat tinggal saya ada coverage. Bila pasang di rumah hampeh, nak buka lambat sangat 2-3 jam satu web belum tentu boleh buka.

06.05.08 saya pulang semuanya di Maxis Centre Taman Segar, katanya kena tunggu 6 minggu confirm dapat cek 100.

Sekaranng 27.06.08 masih tak dapat balik 100 dan bila telefon di Maxis Call Centre, katanya permohonan dikemukakan pada 20.06.08 dan masih belum diluluskan.

Saya betul-betul tak puashati, apa yang dibuat dengan permohonan saya dari 06.05.08 hingga 20.06.08. Jangan pandai berjanji tapi penipu.

Insan maxis yang pembohong ( Maxis Ceras Taman Segar )
    1. Aimie Sarah
    2. Azlina Abd Wahab – ID AB03E098

Saya rasa 2 orang ni memang tak jujur, dia bagi no telefon broadband hotline pun salah 1800-820-2000, no telefon Azlina pun salah ,

Kalau nak jadi pekerja customer service biarlah yang sedia membantu,harap muka lawa tapi tak boleh buat kerja.

Saya nak penjelasan segera kenapa permohonan saya lambat sangat, sila e-mail atau telfon, kalau perlu saya boleh tolong fak borang tersebut.

41. gh4yclub on June 28th, 2008 6:28 pm

Guys, mintak Unlimited Data Package untuk simcard maxis anda, yang itu ada pakai until 3.5G n since it is still a phone service dan bukan broadband, dier takde limit on data usage. setkan handphone 3G anda pada computer dan surf macam biasa. okey jer…

42. Twc 5585 on July 6th, 2008 10:38 pm

Hey Guys,

WHich one is better? Celcom bb or Maxis bb? or any alternative? Am at Klang. TQVM!

43. Zack on July 13th, 2008 10:26 pm

Hye syed.. Can u help me 2.. Please.. zackyouelz@yahoo.com

44. SakitHatians on July 23rd, 2008 11:46 pm

okeh!
    kes broden…
    im in Penang! the Island of 3G!…
    waw… Head Brain U!
    juz use it about 7 8 days..
    first 2 days, i use my TOrrent… heh heh heh…
    around 2 days, i gather statistic of Recieved Data around…. 5GB… (so so la…)
    n then…
    My bb can UPLOAD only, but cannot DOWNLOAD, i kol centre! “wat the hell???”
    then… ok…
    i torture them , i use Accelerator, i achieve top speed of… 3.4MB! waw!!
    within 1 day… i download 5GB>>
    he heh heh….
    then…
    till today, which thats happened 6 days ago…
    I GET sort of LIMITATION, this thing not conform yet, but with my Lexicon, i think it is…
    I report this, but still they didnt fix it…
    wanna know the LIMITATION???
    my DOWNLOAD SPEED LIMITED to 128kpbs onli!
    and recently, i juz get 76.3kbps…
    there’s a lots of rumour about this LIMITATION and FAIR POLICY.
    but this policy i didnt saw it in any Signed Contract…
    i hates to say they (Celcom) cheat me, “10x faster, Anywhere, Unlimited”
    DEFINE the UNLIMITED!!!
    well.
    this case still in their handle, so i cant make a full judgement, well….. this is juz MY INFERENCES.
    but, come on la! 6 days oredi!!
    Others, have the same problem???

“Upload? Download? a bit? a lot? thats my rights to utilize the utility! dont put Hidden Policy la Head Brain!”

if they not able to Fullfill the Unlimited Term, dont say so!

Tak Paham Language ka??

“i think my comment is the longest one”
    x.X

something want to share or Plan?? here, qrazyxxx@yahoo.com

45. SakitHatians on July 24th, 2008 12:25 am

ops, its not 3.4MB of top speed, but 2.4mbps.
    sry.

46. Maxis Customer on July 28th, 2008 6:32 pm

A warning from one consumer to another:

DO NOT SIGN UP TO MAXIS BROADBAND!

If you love your kids, don’t let them use Maxis broadband.
    Kids who surf slower, learn slower and with the added pressure from having an unstable internet connection and constant disconnection could lead them to having suicidal tendencies at such a young age.

IF YOU LOVE YOUR KIDS, SAY NO TO MAXIS BROADBAND!

47. zafran_ken06 on August 1st, 2008 3:15 pm

hi guys…i just want 2 know…which one is better celcom or maxis bb???if my coverage only covered with gprs, whats the speed of gprs????the 100++kbps gprs speed, is it true???thatz all…anybody reply me..

48. nmy on August 6th, 2008 10:47 pm

I heard celcom bb capped torrent is it true???
    Anyone know torrent setting for celcom bb, please help…

49. Bikerzs_Boy on August 8th, 2008 1:25 am

memang bengang giler pakai maxis broadband ni kalau download lambat 2 bolehla terima tapi sampai nk buka http punmacam kura2 ratusan tahunan hati sapa tak panas pada hal aku duk kt s. alam tapi takpernah dpt lebih dari 30kb/s baik aku g cc je lagi cepat keje 2 jam kt cc jd 5 jam pakai broadb’ ni hentikan lah macam mana rakyat malaysia blh maju kalau k’perluan asas pun macam kura2 sorryla bkn nak kutuk sesiapatapi memang keyataan yg kt kena hadapi

50. mohdkadir on August 11th, 2008 9:41 pm

Assalamulaikum,
    For me, i got no problem to surf internet by using digi unlimited data although bit slow but sure, ur will satisfied (mine using digi unlimited data with hp laptop package+ FALCOM SAMBA usb). If ur wanna surf internet bit faster, i suggest u can surf it using daily broadband celcom subsciption (Kena ada 3g phone plak). Ok blahh.. wassalam

51. sum1hateme on August 16th, 2008 12:16 am

aku dah try maxis broadband dalam seminnggu..

komen aku time pagi maxis broadband ni slow yang amat..aku duk bangi..
    malam ok sket..tp nak bukak youtube mmg slow sgt..
    kire mmg susah nak stream video..
    tapi member aku kater kalo duk usj subang connection die ok-fair-good..
    tp biaselah maxis asyik disconnect jer..2 yang sakit hati tuh.

jangan pakai p2p prog bile gune maxis bb..
    aku belum try celcom broadband..nak tau camner condition celcom bb kt usj/subang..

kalo dua-dua ni sux aku akan kembali pada streamyx..tiada pilihan..sedih..

52. Acis on August 19th, 2008 12:48 pm

Hye to all…

i’m stayin in Putrajaya.

Need advice on which bb to subscribe to.

Tnx in advance.

53. Fadly on August 25th, 2008 9:41 am

I’ve been using celcom for about 5 days now. it better then maxis but can be inconsistent. sometimes it is fast but sometimes it’s slow. i’m not sure whether the slowness because of their services of because of the atmospheric disturbance playing havoc with the 3G signal. plus, you can’t download from files sharing website like rapidshare.com and megaupload.com. whenever i try to download from the sites, it say’s my IP is currently downloading file and i have to wait for it to finish beforwe i can make a download. puzzling.

54. pmtr on August 28th, 2008 10:32 pm

hi im using maxis bb a month ago before i use this maxis bb i borrow maxis bb from my fren and test it when i sure the speed and right now it still ok and total 20k++ in a month then there no limit data /month actually when you read the maxis bb contract and term of service there is limit 3GB/month of data usage b coz after i sign up for maxis bb then i went home and read term and service there is limit 3GB/month heheh…. i curios and ask maxis for further explaination so i try to reach over 3GB and now my data usage reach over 24++ mb of coz some time the conection slow but not bad even my places is not in hsdpa/umts area. i also now only get hsdpa and umts connection at my home still not bad
    i suggest to all of fren who want to sign up for any bb find out term and condition if do have any fren who sign up ofr bb just borrow or take the to your home and try the connection so you will be get the actual speed and chioce of ur own

maxis bb vs celcom bb there is each of their good and bad section none is always good services

55. Tongpoz on September 1st, 2008 3:17 pm

i heard that malaysia internet speed is among the lowest in the world. is’t true?? if yes our government should look into this seriously..

56. unknown on September 5th, 2008 11:38 am

boss, maxis broadband suks like hell, i can’t even login to MSN after i signed up maxis broadband, and login in facebook took me 10 minutes to load, WTF?!? and my package is the most expensive 1, they checked my area and THEY TOLD ME ITS A PERFECT LINE AREA DAMANSARA! and wat i get? full of bull shit, n now they sent me the bill without fixing the problem, think im gonna pay for this lousy piece of shit?

57. unknown on September 5th, 2008 11:43 am

MAXIS BROADBAND SHOULD CLOSE DOWN, POOR MANAGEMENT, POOR SERVICE, POOR NETWORK, POOR EVERYTHING! MAXIS BROADBAND SUCKS

58. Raj on September 6th, 2008 11:02 pm

seriously entire broadband in this country sucks,,,,,,

59. Adi125Z on September 11th, 2008 3:21 pm

ok so here how it goes… my celcom broadband dulu i subscribed bout a year ago. dulu mmg slow now sudah ok. kalau dkt slayang (3G) i get 384kbps. x mengecewakan. and dkt puchong utama i always get 1.8MBPS peak and 1.5MBPS off-peak hours… penang can get up to 2MBPS with the white cute modem… hehehe… maxis i x penah try lagi la. but do not use p1 yet as they are on trial run so we dun wanna be their “tikus makmal” or experimental apparatus… :P

60. epool86 on September 11th, 2008 3:42 pm

im using celcom data services since 3 years ago.. at that time, 3g just been launched by celcom (celcom is the first operator to launches 3g in malaysia)..

but sadly, i dont have much money to buy 3G devices.. so i just stick with my gprs devices.. i use my hp as a modem, connected to PC/laptop. at that time, new celcom broadband plan not launched yet.. im using unlimited data plan, together with my celcom postpaid line.

what can i say is, celcom gprs connection is stable.. even it slow (of course, it gprs), but have no problem to surf internet..

nowadays, celcom still better than maxis in many factors.. first, of course the coverages.. celcom 3g coverages now is about 60%, while maxis is about 40% (according to MCMC).

in term of service quality, celcom still better (even not 100% ok, but much more better than maxis).. the average download speed is around 40KB/s (~320kbps) which is about 80% of full 3g speed depends on the server location.. for HSDPA, im not sure since im not testing it yet (although my devices support HSDPA)..

maybe we need some experts or any 3rd parties to do the test, since they know more about it rather than me. for example, let see a comparison test result made by 3rd parties for both maxis and celcom..

Celcom also the winner of the Frost & sullivan 2008 Mobile Data Service Provider of the Year.

for details, visit http://www.telecomsawards.com.my/recipients.htm

To date (2nd quarter 2008) Celcom is the largest mobile broadband provider with largest number of subsribers in Malaysia. All this awards, test, and statistic shown us that Celcom broadband is better than Maxis broadband..

of course.. there is still lot of improvement to be done for both maxis and celcom.. but our question here is which one is better. that’s all..

61. syamzxr on September 13th, 2008 3:48 am

either maxis or celcom,both suck……..slow,bil je yg sampai cepat!I’ve heard streamyx also now have wireless,anybody can shares the info?

62. fahmy on September 14th, 2008 11:05 pm

both maxis and celcom sux XD

63. arterm on September 18th, 2008 3:21 pm

If use at home, pls dont sign up for bb, streamyx better.

But honestly I used both maxis and celcom. And the result is both also same.

64. arterm on September 18th, 2008 3:32 pm

If use at home, pls dont sign up for bb, streamyx better.

But honestly I used both maxis and celcom. And the result is both also same. and also hav to depend on area. Sometime i go to Penang, maxis work very well and celcom(borrow from friend) very suck. But some place maxis suck and celcom work well.

About the unlimited usage, pls read carefully about the t&c. Unlimited usage and unlimited bandwidth are different. For both celcom and maxis also hav unlimited usage and limited bandwidth. Once u use more than the bandwidth, u still can continue using the bb, just ur bb speed will be slower.

Comment about other common wireless internet services:
    U mobile- is cheap but poor coverage
    Izzi- Start payment is high(pay all 1 year payment) and coverage not very good.
    Wimax- The best. But is expensive

Hope this all information will help u all ^^

65. zackmuhd on September 30th, 2008 12:31 pm

aku baru je guna celcom broadband,tapi kawasan aku tinggal slow sangat laa,teknologi memang tak dinafikan memang bagus,,tapi pihak celcom tolonglah atasi masalah yg berkaitan dengan kelajuan atau penerimaan internet,,kita org bayar every month of course la kita nak yg terbaik,,so perbaikilah kelemahan yang ada,,saya tinggal di dungun yang sekarang dah dinaikkan taraf menjadi PERBANDARAN,,so celcom bila lagi nak naik taraf,,maksud saya kelajuan dan penerimaan internet,,

66. Idlebrain on October 4th, 2008 7:35 pm

I started my Maxis bb sometime last december. I wouldnt say its better then wired broadband but yet mobile. Connection was still good. Manage to download at a very moderate speed. Can download a 100Mb file is 20-30mins (i find tht fast compered to celcom). But lately the 3G is totally fcuked up. It shows 3G hsdpa but status will show limited access. Has called Maxis Cust Serv the last 3 weeks, but nothing been done. I’m around TTDI area, anyone else has similar prob. The Custserv dept has reset my modem a couple of times ( thats what they say over the phone) but i’m not getting 3G at all, only able to user GPRS (EDGE) which is too slow 7-10kbps

Any input to tweak the modem is much appreciated

67. Ikhtiar on October 5th, 2008 3:51 am

hello there.. i just want to give my opinion since all of us here did give their opinion very well. I have already trying those 2 broadband myself… I think if you want to subscribe any of those broadband you should read my comment very2 well.

First, i have already subscribe for maxis broadband for up to a year. i think while i deal with maxis broadband i was satisfied with their service since i’ve been using their huawei 3g modem. The internet connection usually have no problem, but the problem is when you online at a peak hour that is usually at night, starting from 8pm until 3am at the morning. Up to this time people usually have already sleep. And at the morning the internet connection is very2 fast… This morning i usually use my maxisBB internet connection to download a heavy file size like a movie and sofware. This time is suitable for you if you don’t like any slow connection. i can grand it for you since i’ve been using MaxisBB untill now. But the problem is you can only get a very good connection in around Kuala Lumpur And Klang area only. If you go back home such at Kuala selangor, the connection is very2 suck that’s means you almost never ever get an internet connection. If you want to use internet i suggest you go to Cybercafe and and pay about RM2 for 1 hour is better rather than you wait for your Maxis BB connection.

Up to this point i want to find a solution to my problem. I see a celcom broadband. Than i subscribe a advance plan. I suggest if you want to subscribe any celcom broadband, don’t use celcom dealer to subscribe. Do come to the celcom branch and register your subscription there if you don’t want a nightmare that i already go along. I go to Plaza LOWYAT and i look that somebody on the groudfloor promoting celcom broadband to me, than since i cross a big problem to access internet at my home so i decide to subscribe there but i make a very2 big mistake that i subscribe to the dealer of celcom broadband so call TELEVENTURE SDN BHD. The bad things is that i have to wait almost more than 1 week to activate my 3g celcom sim card!! what the hell… not only that i also have to push the celcom dealer to activate my sim card about 15 times…. This is like a hell… i though that the dealer staff is very sloww… like a walking turtle…

After i my sim card is already activate. i finally can use my celcom broadband. it a little bit faster than maxis broadband at a GPRS area, but there is a big problem, which is celcom broadband is very suck!! when i comeback at Kuala Lumpur i found out that my maxis broadband is 10times more faster than my celcom broadband, i though that celcom broadband is faster but actually that is wrong, i have try those 2 broadband my self.
    Thank god i still subscribe maxisBB. If not i have to wait for the whole day for my movie download to be finish!!! and maybe continue for the next Day!!! because the connection is very sloww and suck for celcom braodband… This is the advance plan… But i think that is not advance at all!!! celcom broadband provide widest coverage that maxis BB but at the same time they provide very suck internet connection(so damn so)!!! OMG i have to pay RM99 for the f***ing slow internet connection!!!

From the beginning i have already knew that celcom always cheating their customer!!! i think that i can give celcom another chance but, i think i cannot… Celcom BB is always cheating their customer to gain more revanue and provide a very suck services!!!

If you want to subscribe a Broadband modem i highly prefer you use maxisBB rather than suck product like celcom broadband.

68. uzumari spyro on February 4th, 2009 8:16 pm

hai everybody.. i just want to give my opinion since all of us here did give their opinion very well. I have already trying those 2 broadband myself… I think if you want to subscribe any of those broadband you should read my comment very2 well.wireless broadband is suit for travel use. Of cause bb is unstable and sometime, somewhere slow and fast.
    If use at home, pls dont sign up for bb, streamyx better.im using maxis bb ZTE for my home use…i want to tell you all…please dont use maxis bb at your home or anywhere…because maxis bb very suck.everytime problems occured i have to call maxis centre and guess what??their operators can’t help much as their saying it may causes from coverage area and others nonsense excuses!!!!

69. Hen nktau? on February 12th, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi sume..kpd sapa2 yg bole bantu sy, sy pengguna maxis bb plan advance…baru2 ni atas nasihat kwn2 sy telah membeli Huawei 3G Usb internet utk bb..bg menggantikan modem router ZTE, Sy telah mencuba beberapa x namun masih gagal utk mendapatkan connection internet…apakah yg perlu sy buat utk mendapatkan connection ke internet..atau Usb internet tersebut x sesuai bg plan yg sy sedang langgani..TQ.

70. Afiq on February 17th, 2009 1:02 pm

Sy juga guna modem huawei 3g.Tp sy melanggan pakej 364kbps celcom broadband..setahu saya,jika lampu modem huawei itu b’warna hijau.itu tandanya ia sedang menerima GPRS(slow)..tp klu connection bagus dia akan b’warna biru(line 3g).sy rasa apa yg anda perlu buat ialah..pergi ke menu mobile connect,pilih setting,pilih connection type,dan pilih 3G ONLY.. Dan bukan 3G PREFFERED..Selamat mencuba

71. freakyhunky on March 1st, 2009 10:23 am

to idlebrain:

Aku juga experience problem yg sama mcm kau. at the 1st month,signal 3G modem aku ok,green in color.
    but masuk je 2nd month terus xde signal,kadang2 ada tapi itu pun color merah(which means poor coverage,
    i mean WTF!!! MAXIS PENIPU BESAR!!!!

Something have to be done here.
    KPD SESIAPA YG BERHAJAT NK PAKAI MAXIS BB, SAYA NASIHAT KAN JANGAN.

MAXIS PENIPU BESAR! MONEY SUCKING BASTARD!
    BOYCOTT MAXIS!!!!!

72. freakyhunky on March 1st, 2009 10:35 am

to idlebrain:

but masuk je 2nd month terus xde signal,kadang2 ada tapi itu pun color merah(which means poor coverage!!) how come???
    i mean WTF!!!
    MAXIS PENIPU BESAR!!!!

After that connection mmg pure slow sluggish cam sial. kira dorang akan limit kan speed internet kau. kira 1st month tadi tu just wayang je, nak pancing kau, lepas habis 1st month tu kau tengok la, mcm2 problem timbul.
    Bila call maxis centre mcm2 alasan dorang bagi,they are unreliable. sampah.

Something have to be done here.
    KPD SESIAPA YG BERHAJAT NK PAKAI MAXIS BB, SAYA NASIHAT KAN JANGAN.

MAXIS PENIPU BESAR! MONEY SUCKING BASTARD!
    BOYCOTT MAXIS!!!!!

73. Malaysia BluffBand on March 9th, 2009 8:38 pm

I have subscribed to Celcom bb Advanced for a few months for a cut throat rate of rgt98/month. I travel in and out of the country a lot and have foreign bb subscriptions so have an idea of relative quality of service in this region. Compared to Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia wireless broadband is a joke – a VERY SICK JOKE. Talk about sucking their customer dry. Don’t tell us like we are stupid – when 3.6 Mbp get you barely 36 kbp and logging off every f–king 5 minutes. Even old and half-dead 1995 land line modem get me faster more stable connection. Maybe Celcom’s engineers cannot count. Maxis doesn’t seem to be better. This means we are all paying the vampire telco gansters very high price for sh1t. This country is hijacked by Robbers who sucks our blood. Next door country got the cheapest fastest mobile bb and while Malaysia broadband still live in 1994. OR is it 1990? That is the price we pay for not letting foreign competition – we don’t even like local competition so when are we going to accept foreign competition? All local telcos pakat against Malaysian citizens. Vampire Telcos of Malaysia. Shameless liars who call their BLUFF BAND. Broad lies, bluff band.

74. azuzuddin on March 16th, 2009 12:26 pm

maxis and celcom broadband x stabil.sebab wireless.klau nak main online game n download file besar better korang pkai streamyx.online game kne pkai line yg stabil.klau nk cakap pasal streamyx broadband,streamyx xder wireless just ada hotspot je.maxis more to klang valley.bukan semua area cover tuk speed 3.6.sama macam celcom..n sebelum korang sign up musti korang ada nmpk perkataan ni “UP TO” means..bila korang guna,speed tu takkan dapat maksimum.so ati2….

75. MC on March 19th, 2009 6:41 pm

I just got the maxis usb broad band, it FFFF’ing slow, when i was in somewhere with wifi, i have to disconnect maxis as its faster to use the wifi form the cafe.

Pls do not cosider Maxis, i have apid RM 100 to get a week trial but its a waste, is this the method Maxis use to make money ? I have visit the Maxis Center and they claim they have network problem recently and its already a long time and still yet to solve. So pls do not consider Maxis, dun waste your money

76. rodzuan on March 27th, 2009 12:30 pm

saya dalah pengguna celcom broadband
    sy rasa kecewa skali dengan serice yg biberikan oleh celcom broadband.
    untuk makluman sy telah menggunakan celcom broadband lebih dari setahun. dulu memang ok. tapi semenjak 2 bulan lepas hingga skrang amatlah mengecewakan sy.
    line sekejab ada dan lama tak ada
    pasal 5Gb sebulan memang tk masuk akal. kata unlimited. tapi sejak bila pulak ada had ni…
    masa nak reg. dlu x adapun beritahu.
    kalu macam ni, mukin sy akan tamatkan celcom broadband. SAYA HARAP JANGALAH CELCOM MENGECEWAKAN SY DAN PENGGUNA YANG LAIN,,

JANGANLAH INDAH KABA DARI RUPA

77. jokerz on April 1st, 2009 2:22 am

CELCOM BROADBAND = BANGSAT!!
    UNLIMITED BROADBAND? = 5GB USAGE PERMONTH (CELAKA)
    Kenapa masa kitaorang register diaorang tak bagitau
    yang 5gb usage permonth je?
    CELCOM = PENIPU BESAR
    Jom tukar ke STREAMYX!!

78. RascaL on April 7th, 2009 6:24 pm

I m using Maxis Broadband Power package 3.6Mbps, but i nvr get 3.6Mbps till now. I already used it for 2 months, I hv to use it coz the contract is for 1 year. Most of time the download speed is 64kbps & upload speed always 57> Kbps. How i gonna surf and download with this speed? And another thing is Maxs said this the Unlimited Package but when i download up to 4GB, they slow down my connection. Maxis should rename the package to Unlimited 3GB limited Package. Stupid Maxis.. service sucks !!!!! Hey guyz out there please use Timenet…. stable connection I used it at my office.

79. Dato' Voda on April 9th, 2009 11:13 am

im celcom broadband user,
    poor service n network,
    the average download speed up to 110kbps only,
    where is another?
    5GB permonth,
    why Celcom say Unlimited?????

80. Dennis on April 11th, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello Syed, can you teach me how to setting up my broadband? Can you email to me to “dennis_3336@yahoo.com” thanks

81. Ibrahim on April 12th, 2009 11:35 pm

P1 Wimax (with the new small modem) seems stable and fast… Haven’t tried it yet…

82. nina on April 15th, 2009 4:41 pm

hi syed,
    can u plzz teach me how 2 setting my celcom bb?

83. man on April 18th, 2009 12:16 am

hi syed….

can u plzz teach me how 2 setting my celcom bb and downloading from torrent using celcom bb? akaris2000@yahoo.com

84. RieFu on April 22nd, 2009 9:55 am

Maxis suck,the fees cost a lot but the services suck.i download 560kb files for 15minutes,imagine if i want to download 10mb files..shit services,it’s like burn rm120

85. Sai on May 3rd, 2009 4:01 pm

Baru sign ngan celcom, 30 Apr 09. Salesperson xckp ape pun psl 5GB usage. Rasa ttipu le. wat mas ni ank2 x dwnload ape2 g. Modem Huawei E156g Rm199, reg ngan celcom RM68. Dah la kita xmahir ngan dunia internet di tipu pula.
    hi, Syed leh bantu akak, tlg ajar cam me nak wat. thks.

86. musehdy on May 4th, 2009 12:53 pm

Ok all that been said bout’ maxis bb true. From cust service personnel at auth ctr that are so freakin blur & xprofessional 2 lousy bb offerings. Stay off maxis. I x chooze bolt-on coz they suck in all packages.
    Wimax x coverage in area yet so celcom bb better alternative. maxis lousy sh*t staff just said ur area x coverage x that good why not still sign up advance mob usb pack but stuck at 384kbps. x enjoy 3.5/ 3G 3.6mbps explanation. I just walk out ttdi office. some more say tdy modem no stock better go klcc main get they hv. All promoters & dealers r wasting their own time. When deal wif auth dealers & sales reps – they dunno shit; think they know how to convince me,, c’mon even e main guys at any telco will spit shit out when pushing their too good 2b tru packs lar & it’s true up to 1 wk min activation celcombb if done thru dealers. But mine wuz within 2-6 hrs after reg. I had to call up to f/u after 1hr wait though. So far so good celcom still worthy contender.. Shit talk bout P1 wimax– their cap is much stupider.. 40gb fup is nvr nough. & at 1×9++ per mth fr the 2.4mbps & with new wiggy with 10mbps spd but 10gb fup — nonsense — gimmick — fibre op / leased line & sat nat better. asiaspace prom no caps & prom going ext net cov to jb by nx yr so w c how.. w1max oso bodoh… modem not mobile.. Streamyx – JOKElar.. still slow…. upgrd 1mbps for nothing.. who says streamyx has no throttling/ traffic shaping??? it depends how congested it becomes. Once u r singled out they throttle u..

87. adeq on May 11th, 2009 11:51 am

kakak aku pakai maxis usb.. kate montly rm 138.. bil dtg rumah smpi rm200++!! stupid damn maxis!!!

88. Cathy on May 19th, 2009 9:05 am

I just bought a USB modem from celcom @ RM199 and 1 month RM68 package in advance. No contract. I tried my area in seri kembangan very low coverage, very slow and always disconnected!I used the speedmeter in celcom website, only average 200KB that is when the connection is good lol.
    Then i figured out that Umobile has 1 broadband package @ RM68 too put speed up to 3.6MB and no contract! So, i go Umobile service agent ask and try using their sim card in my USB modem. it works! and the average speed is 1.5MB..the service very good. The sales agent tell me to try out my area by registering a prepaid card and on 3G. If can use 3G, means my area have coverage. I’ve tried. My area do have coverage, so, i tried to use it online.However, using a prepaid card to online is very expensive. She do told me 1KB 1cent. I manage to go online but the page can’t finish loading cuz inside the prepaid card only pre-loaded RM5 (cost RM6). The limit i used is minimum RM1.
    At lease, now i know my area can use Umobile. So, i plan to cancel my celcom within the guaranteed period (7 days) then subscribe Umobile.. haha.. i think i got the best choice now cuz i got cheap modem, fast speed broadband with same price…hehe..

89. pck on May 21st, 2009 5:27 pm

i have use celcom broadband for 4 month now at the 1st 2 month it was good i can get till 1.5mbps but now it’s suks… WTF i wan to cancel it but i have to pay RM350++ penalty for canceling it i got contract for 1year wasting my money DON’T USE CELCOM u will suffer like me to…. i don’t know what else i can do… if anyone have an idea how to cancel it pls e-mail to me.. premck83@hotmail.com/yahoo.com

90. ima on May 27th, 2009 1:45 pm

i just nk pasang maxis broadband…tpi risau plak ttg coverage kt area rawang. area rawang mmg x ada coverage ke???????

91. kim on June 5th, 2009 5:21 pm

I use prepaid bb from celcom. my area is in Bt.3 shah alam, its a 3g area, but still the line was owez disconnected every freaking few minutes!!! gosh!!! even my fren using postpaid bb for 18months contract sharing the same probs as mine.

got to change to sumting fast. im heavy internet user. my bad!!

92. gg on June 7th, 2009 10:55 am

i heard about celcom package for the goverment servant, is it really exist??

93. dodi on June 10th, 2009 2:47 am

ada sape2 yg boleh bg tau mcm mna nak setting celcom broadband?
    i have 3 years contract
    but nak bukak yahoo msenger pun susah…
    nak serve yg lain ok je…
    ym je prob..
    help me sape yg tahu
    kronikelradical@yahoo.com
    tq

94. Ms Titi on June 11th, 2009 2:38 pm

HI EVERYONE

I agree with some of the comments that if you want to use internet at home only, use streamyx, wired. It is very very stable, maybe at times speed a bit slow (peak hours) but download, upload and play video eg fm youtube is excellent. And if you are always on move maybe,,maybe,,maybe then you need to have a wireless bb, but not 100% reliable ok.

This is because i just tried maxis bb yesterday. I decided to try maxis bb because of the small modem, wireless and just plug and play. Konon2 tak nak wire la, sbb presently i use streamyx, with wire sana sini. so in one nite i found that Maxis bb :-
    1) sometimes it is easily disconnected when you are not using it (you go to bathroom or do something else)
    2) Youtube – tersekat sekat, boleh buat sakit hati and jiwa.
    3) Speed just like streamyx. NOt that fast pun.

I have not tried at other places with this Maxis bb. Will update you later. But now, i am grateful that I have not decided to disconnect streamyx. If Maxis bb gives me problem in near future, i will have not doubt to terminate it and stay with Streamyx.

95. alan on June 16th, 2009 9:41 pm

ade ssape kt bgn lalang sepang yg dh guna maxis atau celcom bb tak ?..ape cite..?ok ke x ok..?sy nk cuba bb ni..tolong..

96. Ben Nathan on June 17th, 2009 12:42 pm

THE WORST broadband in Bandar Utama is Maxis Broadband! I subscribe for the advanced package at 640kbps as advised by their outlet. I’m lucky to get 50kbps anytime I log on! The only consistent thing about Maxis Broadband is their billing and disconnection! I’m one of the lucky few who have NO CHOICE but to subscribe to Maxis because they have a monopoly in the area. No Telekom.. Only Maxis. The pathetic reasoning for their pathetic service is “too many users”, yet they are aggresively promoting and subscribing new users.
    Malaysia Boleh!

97. Zul on August 25th, 2010 2:53 pm

saya guna celcom broadband kat kawasan umah saya di batu kawan penang memang susah sangat nak buka internet,dah la susah nak buka tp bila dah boleh buka punya la lembab nak buka yahoo pun nak kena tunggu 1 jam.ada jalan penyelesaian tak??

98. Harry on September 14th, 2010 12:07 pm

I have Maxis BB for the past 5 months and DiGi BB for the past 2 months (after Maxis became so Unreliable.

Earlier this month after 7 days of Facebooking at home, Maxis warns that we have maxed our 3G, What? just after 7 days and we have overpaid our subscription months in advanced. Just been there today, they confirmed exceeded but no details given.

My DiGi- emails, facebooking, some huge files downloads and so far no problem for 2 months. No Complaints.

Compared to the two (same RM68 package), I would advice maxis BB is a huge CON job!!! Dont ever get it.

I’m going to burn the Maxis mobile modem and flush its ashes down the river.

99. elizabeth on September 16th, 2010 9:37 pm

celcom bb sgt fair…mahu buka nternet pun macm mahu tunggu bli tket bas…bejam2…

100. Aryan34 on September 24th, 2010 11:00 am

celcom broadband & maxis broadband macam celaka,sial,jahanam,slow nak mampus.aku harap lepas ni takde lagi yang guna celcom/maxis broadband.biar bankrap.kata unlimited.tapi 5GB usage permonth tu amende??bukan limit ke tu.bodoh betul!!!